Wednesday 31 July 2013

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY | REVIEW

As a kid of the 90s I am extremely well acquainted with Disney movie franchise, from the Lion King to Toy Story, I loved them all but Monsters Inc. well ... I never really got it. Maybe it was the fact that I was only six when it came out or that the idea of creatures from your nightmares would creep into your room at night and terrify you to keep their world alive just really never appealed to me. So when my friends suggested that we go and see it to bring back childhood memories I wasn't really up for it but they twisted my arm (that's such a weird saying, you're basically being forced into it!). 


So I hate to say it but ... it actually wasn't that bad! One thing I was really happy to see was the little umbrella love story that I had seen all over tumblr, (yeah, I know not even in the film!) it was so cute! long story short its about a blue umbrella and red umbrella who fall in love on a rainy day and through bad times they still find each other. 

The actual movie itself was better that I expected it to be, I liked finding out how all the characters where created and how the became who the were in the Monsters Inc. I really enjoyed the little random funny parts that just made me laugh especially that bits with squishys mum! I was actually kind of scared of the principal, she flies AND has lots of legs. 

To end I really loved the end message of the film is that not getting into college or university is not the worst thing that could ever happen in your life but if you work hard and believe you will get there. 

Surprisingly I would recommended this movie to people as does give you a few go laughs and a good story-line, also the message is good thing to pass on to younger people.

love Kiera xxx   

No comments:

Post a Comment